Glimmer is a safe and secure app for social networking with a conscience. Connect with friends, family and like-minded people in a positive place. We are a community of well-wishers, sharing constructive and helpful content and to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Glimmer confirms what we all already know – that amongst all adversities there is hope, good news, positivity, inspiration, motivation and laughter from one well-wisher to another. Glimmer is a repository for all things good! We strongly believe in treating everyone with empathy and respect. By inspiring and empowering each other to do good, for the greater good, we are fostering positive communication and collaboration amongst our community of well-wishers.
Everything we do, and plan to do, is founded on our belief that we need to be kinder to each other and, to our planet. As global citizens, we all have a critical role to play in helping to improve the health and well-being of everyone, including future generations, and our planet. Glimmer is also a dedicated platform for environmental and social responsibility (ESR), where we highlight the good and the often unheard stories of the many ordinary individuals, communities, and organisations. Those who are doing extraordinary things and are committed to improving the health and well-being of everyone and protecting the planet.
On Glimmer’s social networking platform, positive messages such as uplifting quotes, funny and happy news, photos, images and videos are some of the simplest and most powerful tools for inspiration and motivation. Keep in touch with friends and family anytime with our chat, voice and video calls features.
We strongly believe that good news travels faster. Let's take better care of ourselves, each other, and our planet.
Yes, there is a Glimmer of hope. It starts with you and I. Us. Together.
To inspire us to take better care of ourselves, each other, and our planet by supporting responsible and ethical online communication and collaboration.
We are committed to providing you with a safe and positive environment, along with acting honestly, openly and with your best interests at heart. We simply want to put a smile on your face!
We encourage you to share positive, inspirational and motivational content and to foster healthy, optimistic and helpful engagement with fellow well-wishers.
Terms and Policies
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Glimmer! We are a positive community of Well-wishers, connecting people to share constructive and helpful content, and to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Glimmer also strives to promote and raise awareness of our shared social and environmental responsibilities and the ways in which we can help our planet. Before you begin using Glimmer, we would like you to read our terms and conditions to ensure that you are informed of the appropriate use of our Platform.
We provide the Glimmer Platform and to use it you must accept these terms and conditions.
- Acceptance and Our Services
- We provide and operate the Glimmer Platform where Well-wishers and businesses can connect and communicate with others in a positive, empowering and encouraging way. Users can choose to use the Platform as a Well-wisher or can choose to use the Platform as a business.
- Our Services include:
- Social networking
- App-to-app communications (Chat, Call, Video-call)
- Environmental and Social Responsibility accounts for businesses
- MPub Accounts for news media and publications companies.
- You must be 12 years or older to use the Platform. If you are under 18 years old, you represent and warrant that you have permission from your parent or legal guardian to access and use the Platform, and they have accepted these Terms on your behalf.
- You accept these Terms by using or browsing the Platform, downloading one of our mobile applications or by creating an Account.
- If you access or download our mobile application
- the Apple App Store, you agree to any Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service or
- the Google Play Store, you agree to the Android, Google Inc. Terms and Conditions including the Google Apps Terms of Service.
- If you are using the Platform on behalf of a business entity (who may be your employer), you, in your individual capacity, represent and warrant that you are authorized to act on behalf of your employer or the business entity and to bind the entity and the entity’s personnel to these Terms.
Here are some words which have special meanings in these Terms.
Account: means your account as a user of our Platform.
Content: the text, photos, videos, and other material that users share or upload on our Platform.
ESR Account: An ESR (Environmental and Social Responsibility) account is a business account that participates in posting sponsored content.
Glowboard: Glowboard content appears directly in the Glimmer feed of Well-wishers. These are sponsored posts and presented in a few different layouts in the form of text, a single image, video, and carousel images and/videos, which also contain a link to a different landing page.
Glowing: On the Glimmer Platform, the word Glowing means ‘Trending’, similar to the use in general digital platforms. It is a post, comment, or topic that becomes popular through increased in-app interactions and is mentioned at a higher rate than others.
Glows: Reactions – Glimmer Reactions are a group of icon expressions that provides an easy way for Well-wishers and ESR account holders to express themselves in the form of a quick response to a post. Tap and hold the Love (heart) icon to reveal the group of reaction options for Thank you, Celebrate, and Inspired.
MPub Account: A MPub (News Media and Publications Companies) account is a business account that participates in posting news articles, topical issues, and sponsored content.
Our Content: Includes all of the materials we make available on our Platform, including all information that we make available on our ‘Glowboard’.
Our Services: Social media and networking, app-to-app communication (Chat, Call, Video Call), ESR accounts, MPub accounts, as described on the Platform.
Platform or Glimmer Platform means our digital platform which may be available through our mobile applications (on both Apple App Store and the Google Play Store), our desktop applicable or other channels.
Subscription: A subscription in Glimmer is a paid-in-advance business account (either ESR or MPub) that provides to the account holder specific business features as set out on the Platform.
Subscription Fee: The fee paid by businesses for their Subscription.
Terms: these terms and conditions, including any policies or other terms, set out on the Platform.
Us (we or our) or Glimmer means Glimmer World Pty Ltd ABN 44 645 962 036.
Well-wisher: We refer to a user of our app as a Well-wisher, which means a person who wishes well for another person or cause.
You means (as applicable) either the Well-wisher or the business using the Platform.
You must create an Account to use our Platform.
- You would need to register on the Platform to successfully create a Well-wisher Account. You are required to provide basic information when registering for an Account including your email address, location, date of birth, interests, and you must choose a strong password.
- A verification code will be sent to your email address to verify that you are registering an Account on our platform.
- Once you have successfully registered for an Account, your Account information will be used to create a profile which you may then update, including by adding your username, business name (if relevant), and a profile photo.
- You agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process and on your profile and to ensure that this information is kept up to date and complete.
To register as a Business Account, we will firstly have successfully registered a Well-wisher Account.
We have a number of security measures to protect our users
- Your Account is personal, and you must not transfer it to any other person or business unless you obtain Glimmer’s written permission. This is to ensure your security.
- You are responsible for keeping your Account details and your password confidential and you will be liable for all activity on your Account, including payments made using your Account details. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account.
- At our sole discretion, we may refuse to allow any person or business to register or create an Account.
- To register as a Business, we will review your request for an Account before approving the request. We may use a third-party service to confirm the existence of your business before approving your Account. Any verification of a Business is not an endorsement or recommendation of that Business. Business Accounts are denoted by a small orange tick (or similar) to differentiate them from Well-wishers.
- Business account holders have a unique opportunity to showcase their environmental and social initiatives that strives to improve health and well-being of people and restore the health of our planet.
- As a Business Account holder, you may nominate up to two administrators from your business or organisation who will be permitted to use your Account login details. Your administrators may contact us at [email protected] to change the administrators.
Businesses must pay a Subscription Fee to use the Platform
- Subscription Fees (applicable only for Businesses)
- Our Subscription may begin with a free trial. The free trial period of the Subscription is 15 days or as otherwise set out on the Platform. We determine free trial eligibility at our sole discretion and we may limit eligibility to prevent free trial abuse. Any unused period of the free trial period will be forfeited once a subscription is purchased.
- To create an Account, Businesses must purchase a subscription with the inclusions set out on the Platform.
- You must pay the Subscription Fee for each monthly or yearly (depending on the option you choose) billing cycle via the payment method set out on the Platform which may include a third-party payment processor. The Subscription Fee will be automatically debited monthly or yearly (depending on the option you choose) in advance on the billing date set out on the Platform. The direct debit arrangement may be subject to additional terms and conditions from third-party payment processors, as set out on the Platform.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, and subject to your Statutory Rights, the Subscription Fee is non-refundable. Your subscription will automatically renew monthly or yearly (depending on the option you choose) unless you cancel your Subscription. You can read more about our cancellation policy below.
- The Subscription Fee includes Australian GST. You are responsible for all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities in your own country, and you shall be responsible for payment of them. We have no responsibility to them on your behalf.
- We may modify the Subscription Fee from time to time and will give notice to you should this occur. The updated Subscription Fee will apply to the next Billing Date after the change has notified to you. The notice may be provided at any time via email or via notification to your Account. If you do not agree to the price change, you may cancel your Subscription in accordance with the cancellation clause below.
You can cancel your Subscription at any time
- Cancelling your Subscription
- As a Business, you may cancel your Subscription at any time in your Account Settings. Your access to the Platform as a Business will then end on the next Billing Date. You will still be able to use the free features of the Platform.
- To the extent permitted by law, and subject to your Statutory Rights, no refunds will be made upon cancellation for any unused portion of your billing period. Where you have canceled your Subscription due to a change of mind or other circumstances, we do not provide refunds of the Subscription Fee. We do not allow for a Subscription to be paused or reassigned to another business account.
We provide a number of ways to communicate using the Platform
- We may contact you via the Platform using in-Account notifications or via email.
- We encourage positive communication between all users. Well-wishers can post Content on the Platform and can share, react, or comment on posts and Glowboards.
- Well-wishers can also seamlessly communicate via the platform’s chat, voice call, and video call features.
You share your personal information at your own risk
- Glimmer cares about your privacy. The integrity and security of your personal information are important to us. Whilst we make every endeavour to provide the most sophisticated security on our Platform, security measures online can never be guaranteed. This means that we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
- All chat communication, voice calls, and video calls are encrypted. This means that your personal communication with the intended person stays private and secure.
- Data Privacy
- We may disclose that information:
- to other users of the Platform where you disclose that information to another user or where you make that information publicly available;
- to third party service providers who help us deliver our Services (including information technology service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, professional advisors and third party payment processors and our business partners); or
- as required by law.
- If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide you with access to our Platform. In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to third parties located, or who store data, outside Australia.
- At Glimmer, we customise or personalise our users’ experience and the content we deliver to them, including to provide them with content that is relevant and based on their selected interests. We are aligned to the legal basis for processing personal information of our users and provide services based on the use of their Personal Information that is necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are to develop and improve our services and the business, including through revenue generation for funding. We would also use this information for understanding the way in which our services are used as well as for internal administrative purposes.
- how we store and use your personal information;
- how you can access and seek correction of your personal information;
- how you can make a privacy-related complaint; and
- our complaint handling process.
The content you upload to the Platform is monitored
- Content Monitoring
- We aim to be completely transparent about the ways in which we may monitor the Content that you post, share, or otherwise upload on the Platform. Your content is monitored in two ways; automated content monitoring and automated fact checking. While we use our best endeavours to ensure that all content is monitored in a thorough way and that all facts are checked, such monitoring and checking is undertaken by a third-party service. Therefore, we cannot completely ensure that any content you view on the Platform is true, positive, constructive, and accurate.
- If, while using the Platform, you come across content that you believe does not align with our ethos, please let us know and, where possible, we will remove any content that is inappropriate at the soonest. If at any time you may feel that Glimmer has not dealt with inappropriate content in a timely manner, you are welcome to contact the website for the Office of the eSafety Commissioner at https://www.esafety.gov.au/. You can access the latest information and help on cybersecurity and safety as well as other important resources available for you or anyone who may require more digital safety information on this website.
We have specific rules about the way you can use the Platform to foster a safe environment
- Prohibited Conduct
- Glimmer is a repository for all things good! It is important
to us that everyone on our Platform looks after each other
so that we can foster a safe, positive, inclusive You must
not do, or attempt to do, anything that is unlawful;
anything prohibited by any laws which apply to our Platform
or which apply to you or your use of our Platform; anything
which we would consider inappropriate; or anything which
might bring us or our Platform into disrepute, including:
- anything that would constitute a breach of an individual’s privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual's consent) or any other legal rights;
- using our Platform to defame, harass, threaten, menace, stalk, or offend any person;
- interfering with any user using our Platform;
- tampering with or modifying our Platform, knowingly transmitting viruses or other disabling features, or damaging or interfering with our Platform, including using trojan horses, viruses or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with our Platform;
- anything that might violate any local, state, national or other law or regulation or any order of a court, including privacy regulations;
- using our Platform to send unsolicited email messages or any other form of communication that violates our guidelines and a law;
- sharing or uploading files that contain an infection or virus;
- facilitating or assisting a third party to do any of the above acts;
- uploading and sharing of any content that is directly or indirectly in competition with our Services; or
- uploading and sharing any content that contains brand names, company names, or registered trademarks; or contain words promoting political and/or religious issues.
We have specific rules about the types of content you can share on the Platform
- Your Content
- We empower and encourage people to find the good in everyday interactions and share these experiences wholeheartedly. You will be permitted to post, upload, publish, submit, or transmit information and content on our Platform. By making available any content on or through our Platform, you grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use this content, with the right to use, view, copy, and modify such content on, through or by means of our Platform.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all content
that you make available on or through our Platform. You
represent and warrant that:
- you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all content or you have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such content as contemplated by these Terms;
- your content will not be obscene, explicit, illegal, defamatory, offensive, threatening, or otherwise harmful to any person;
- your content will not contain violence or depictions of violence (including graphical or animated violence, and including sexual violence);
- your content will not involve nudity or partial nudity;
- your content will not contain signs, gestures, or actions (including via emoticons, videos, sounds or GIFs) that are discriminatory, racially vilifying, intimidating, inciteful, hateful, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or sexually suggestive;
- your content will not contain profanity, abuse or aggressive language, whether in English or in any other language;
- your content will not contain the personal contact details or confidential information of you or any person;
- your content will not contain any form of advertising, including any advertising that is unsuitable for minors, including tobacco, vaping, diet-related advertising, or alcohol advertising;
- your content will not contain any misleading or deceptive material, or otherwise be in breach of the Australian Consumer Law;
- your content will not contain any website links or URLs, include those that show content that would contravene these Terms; and
- neither the content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission, or transmission of the content or our use of the content on, through or by means of our Platform will infringe, misappropriate, or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- You may, at any time, edit your profile, delete, or edit posts, or any other content that you publish to the Platform.
We grant you a licence to use the Platform and you must not breach our intellectual property rights
- Intellectual property rights
- We grant you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non-transferable licence to use our Platform in accordance with these Terms. All other uses are prohibited without our prior written consent.
- Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license all rights, title, and interest (including intellectual property rights) in our Platform and all of Our Content. Your use of our Platform and your use of and access to any of Our Content does not grant or transfer to you any rights, title, or interest in relation to our Platform or Our Content.
- We aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law. Our names and logos, may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on our Platform, without our prior written permission. Fair use of our intellectual property requires proper acknowledgment. Other product and company names mentioned in our Platform may be the intellectual property of their respective owners.
- You must not, without the prior written consent of
ourselves or the owner of the content (as
- copy or use, in whole or in part, any of Our Content;
- reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast, or circulate any of Our Content to any third party; or
- breach any intellectual property rights
connected with our Platform, including by:
- altering or modifying any of Our Content;
- causing any of Our Content to be framed or embedded in another website; or
- creating derivative works from Our Content.
Nothing in these Terms aims to contradict any of your rights under the Australian Consumer Law
- Consumer Guarantees
- Certain legislation including the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), and similar consumer protection laws and regulations may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees, and remedies relating to our provision of our Services which cannot be excluded, restricted, or modified (Statutory Rights).
- Nothing in these Terms excludes your Statutory Rights as a consumer under the ACL.
Apple is not responsible for our Platform
- Notice regarding Apple (required by Apple)
- To the extent that you are using or accessing our Platform on an iOS device, you further acknowledge and agree to the terms of this clause. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and us only, not with Apple Inc. (Apple), and Apple is not responsible for the Platform and any content available on the Platform.
- Apple has no obligation to furnish you with any maintenance and support services with respect to our Platform.
- If our mobile application fails to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund the purchase price of the mobile application to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the mobile application and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be our responsibility.
- Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims
by you or any third party relating to our mobile
application or your use of our mobile application,
including but not limited to:
- product liability claims;
- any claim that our mobile application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and
- claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement, and discharge of any third-party claim that our mobile application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights.
- You agree to comply with any applicable third-party terms when using our mobile application.
- Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary of these Terms.
- You hereby represent and warrant that:
- you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country; and
- you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
We are not responsible for anything outside of our control
- In these Terms, Liability means any expense, cost, liability, loss, damage, claim, notice, entitlement, investigation, demand, proceeding or judgment (whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise), howsoever arising, whether direct or indirect and/or whether present, unascertained, future, or contingent and whether involving a third party or a party to these Terms or otherwise.
- Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum
extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for,
and you waive and release us from and against, any
Liability caused or contributed to by, arising from
or connected with:
- your acts or omissions;
- any use or application of the Platform by a person other than you, or other than as reasonably contemplated by these Terms;
- any works, services, goods, materials or items which do not form part of the Platform;
- any defect, error, omission or lack of functionality or suitability (or the absence of, or reduction in, any anticipated result, outcome or benefit) with respect to the Platform;
- the Platform being unavailable, or any delay in us providing our Services to you, for whatever reason;
- any aspect of your interaction with any other user;
- any event outside of our reasonable control; and/or
- the actions, non-performance or other activities of any external website or landing page accessed through a link within Glimmer.
- This clause will survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
Our liability is limited
- Limitations on Liability
- Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent
permitted by law and whether under statute, contract,
equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise,
- our maximum aggregate Liability arising from or in connection with these Terms will be limited to us resupplying our Services to you or, in our sole discretion, to us repaying you the amount of the Subscription Fees paid by you to us in respect of the supply of the relevant Services to which the Liability relates or if no Subscription Fee was paid, $1; and
- we will not be liable to you for any loss of profit (including anticipated profit), loss of benefit (including anticipated benefit), loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings (including anticipated savings), loss of reputation, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of data.
- This clause will survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
You must make some promises to use our Platform, including that you agree to put us back in our original position, and not hold us responsible, if we suffer loss resulting from your use of the Platform or breach of these Terms.
- Warranties, disclaimers, and Indemnities
- You represent, warrant, and agree:
- that you have full legal capacity, right, authority and power to enter into these Terms and to perform your obligations under these Terms;
- that these Terms constitute a legal, valid, and binding agreement, enforceable in accordance with its terms; and
- to provide all assistance, information, and documentation necessary to enable us to provide the Services and that all information you provide to us in connection with the Platform will be true, accurate and complete, including your profile name and that you will not make a false identity on the Platform.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- you use the Platform at your own risk; and
- the provision of the Platform may be contingent on, or impacted by, third parties, suppliers or other subcontractors (Third Party Inputs), and despite anything to the contrary, the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible and will have no Liability for any default or breach of these Terms or any law if such default or breach was caused or contributed to by any Third Party Inputs.
- You agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, these Terms exclude all terms, conditions and warranties implied by statute, in fact or on any other basis, except to the extent such terms, conditions and warranties are fully expressed in these Terms.
- Indemnity: To the maximum extent permitted by law, you indemnify us, and hold us harmless, against any Liability suffered by us arising from or in connection with your use of our Platform or any breach of these Terms or any applicable laws by you. This indemnity is a continuing obligation, independent from the other obligations under these Terms, and continues after these Terms end. It is not necessary for us to suffer or incur any Liability before enforcing a right of indemnity under these Terms.
- This clause will survive the termination or expiry of these Terms.
- You represent, warrant, and agree:
We can terminate our relationship with you
- At our sole discretion, we may suspend your Account or terminate these Terms immediately with notice to you if you are in material breach of these Terms (including for non-payment of our Subscription Fees), any applicable laws, regulations, or third-party rights, or where you are a registered sex offender, or on our own assessment of suitability to have an account on this Platform. On termination of these Terms (or if you cancel your Account), other Well-wishers may still be able to re-share your content that you made public.
- Third-party sites: Our Platform may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not control, endorse, or approve and are not responsible for the content on those websites. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those websites.
- Discontinuance: We may, at any time and without notice to you, discontinue our Platform, in whole or in part. We may also exclude any person from using our Platform, at any time at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for any Liability you may suffer arising from or in connection with any such discontinuance or exclusion.
- Competitors: You are prohibited from using our Platform, including Our Content, in any way that competes with our business. If you breach this term, we will hold you responsible for Liability we suffer, and hold you accountable for any profits that you may make from non-permitted use.
- Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint about another ser, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint.
- Information: All content on our Platform is not comprehensive and is for general information purposes only. It does not consider your specific needs, objectives, or circumstances, and is not advice. While we use reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content, we make no representation or warranty regarding it, to the extent permitted by law. The content is subject to change without notice. However, whilst we make every endeavour to keep our platform up-to-date, we cannot be held liable if any content is inaccurate or out-of-date.
- Feedback: If you provide us with any idea, suggestion, recommendation, or request in connection with the Services (Feedback), you agree that we own such Feedback and that we may use the Feedback in any manner which we see fit (including to develop new features) and no benefit will be due to you as a result of any use by us of any Feedback.
- Assignment: You may not assign, transfer, or delegate your rights and obligations under the Terms without our prior written consent. We may without restriction assign, transfer, or delegate our rights and obligations under these Terms with 30 days prior notice.
- Severance: The provisions of these Terms are severable and if any provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, that provision is severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions in these Terms.
- Disputes: In the event of any dispute arising from, or in connection with, these Terms (Dispute), the party claiming there is a Dispute must give written notice to the other party setting out the details of the Dispute and proposing a resolution. Within 7 days after receiving the notice, the parties must meet at least once to attempt to resolve the Dispute or agree on the method of resolving the Dispute by other means, in good faith. All aspects of every such conference, except the fact of the occurrence of the conference, will be privileged. If the parties do not resolve the Dispute or (if the Dispute is not resolved) agree on an alternate method to resolve the Dispute, within 21 days after receipt of the notice, the Dispute may be referred by either party (by notice in writing to the other party) to litigation.
- Jurisdiction: Your use of our Platform and these Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in Victoria and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts and waive any right to object to proceedings being brought in those courts.
ESR Account holders pay a fee each time a link on their Glowboard is clicked
- ESR Account - Billing
- As well as your Subscription, Glimmer uses the pay-per-click (PPC) model of in-app marketing in which ESR Account holders pay a fee of $0.50 each time a link from their Glowboard is clicked.
- Your card will be charged through Stripe which will include both your Subscription Fee and your PPC charges.
Do not use the Platform to call emergency services
- Emergency Services
- Please note that there is NO ACCESS to emergency services (e.g. Police, Fire, Ambulance) through our in-app communication services. Glimmer is not a replacement for fixed line telephone or your ordinary mobile. You will be unable to make emergency calls to emergency services from the Glimmer app. Should you require to make emergency calls, you must make alternative communication arrangements to ensure that you can make emergency calls.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
Glimmer World Pty Ltd ABN 44 645 962 036
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 30 June 2021
Service is the Glimmer app operated by Glimmer
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Service is the Glimmer app operated by Glimmer
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processor (or Service Provider)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
A Well-wisher is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
The information we collect
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- if you are a business, some contact business information including your ABN, work email address and work telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your credit card or payment details (through our third party payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you share via our platform, including your opinions beliefs, views, and values;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorised by law.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account, through the 'contact us' form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, and any other information you choose to share with us on our platform.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information: We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services, including to provide you with a login;
- to enable you to access and use our associated applications;
- to contact and communicate with you about our Services;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, couriers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time), Facebook Pixel or other relevant analytics businesses; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Overseas disclosure: Where we disclose your personal information to third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant privacy authority.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place stringent physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at: [email protected]
Glimmer World Pty Ltd ABN 44 645 962 036
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 10 March 2021©LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd